CBSE is conducting PSA for classes IX and XI, as per following details:
- The examination shall be held on 14th Feb., 2013 (Thursday) from 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM.
- This examination will be counted towards FA-4 which is 10% of total
assessments of Class IX.
- The Class XI students will get a certificate on the `Problem Solving Assessment’ by July, 2013.
- The Question Paper containing OMR Answer Sheet shall be supplied by the Board.
The pattern of the PSA will be:
- The Life Skills shall be assessed within the following domains:
- Quantitative: which includes the reasoning seen in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- Qualitative: which includes the kinds of reasoning found in Mathematics and Science.
- Language Conventions: which includes different aspects of written communication (e.g. grammar, vocabulary etc.)
- There will be 60 items of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) and carry 90 marks. Distribution of 60 items shall be as follows:
For more details read CBSE Circular on PSA|Sample Paper for PSA for Class IX|Sample Paper for PSA for Class XI|Sample Answer Sheet